Women Deliver and Partners in Population and Development will hold a targeted consultation in 2012, to gather regional perspectives on MDG 5 and the post-2015 development framework. At this invitation-only consultation, to be held Kampala, Uganda, participants will discuss regional progress and the challenges at hand in achieving MDG 5. It will also call for action in prioritizing maternal and newborn health and sexual and reproductive health among the global development goals.
Youth Workshop on MDG 5 and post-2015 Development Frameworks
March 25th – 28th, Kampala, Uganda
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 25, 2012
The consultations will include a youth workshop comprised of 15 to 20 young advocates, which will center on three activities: advocacy, messaging, and media training. These workshops will inform youth advocates about key issues in maternal health and sexual and reproductive health, including a discussion of the future development framework after the expiration of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) Programme of Action and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The outcomes of these workshops will be incorporated into youth activities at the Women Deliver 2013 global conference.
Women Deliver is committed to making our Regional Consultations accessible to young leaders. To do so, we will offer full conference scholarships, including travel and accommodations, to selected candidates that meet the following criteria:
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE:
- Under the age of 30
- Able to speak & understand English
- A citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Willing and able to share lessons upon return
- Motivated & committed to contributing to meetings
- Able to travel from March 25th to March 29th, 2012
- Available for the duration of consultation
- Access internet regularly
- Able to engage in post-consultation activities including:
- o Writing guest blog posts for the Women Deliver website
- o Joining the WD2013 Youth Working Group, if invited
- o Disseminating knowledge gained from the consultation
Scholarship recipients will be notified via email no later than February 15, 2012. If a scholarship recipient cannot accept the award, they are required to notify the consultation planner as soon as possible. Scholarships are NOT transferable. Applicant must be present during the entire period of the consultation.
Scholarships will cover: Consultation registration, round-trip travel, visa fees, hotel stay, and a stipend for incidentals and meals. (For travel reimbursement, please maintain actual and valid receipts of all transactions including visa fees, taxi rides, etc.).
The primary language of the consultation is Spanish for the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Consultation, and English for the Africa and Asia Consultations. Translation (English for LAC Consultation, French for Africa Consultation) will be available for the plenary sessions.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL:
- Be under the age of 30
- Work in the health and development field, with a focus on Maternal Health, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, HIV/AIDS and/or Gender Equality, professionally, scholastically, or on a volunteer basis.
- Possess a basic understanding of international frameworks such as the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and/or the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD).
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this scholarship, Women Deliver must receive your completed application online on or before the deadline of January 25, 2012. Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com.
Download form>>> Women Deliver Application Form