Google Africa Intern Program – Lagos
This location is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
The area: Direct Sales Organization
Technology can transform the way companies interact with their customers, and the Direct Sales Organization helps the world’s biggest companies to do just that. Whether we’re working with corporations directly or partnering with advertising agencies, we create innovative advertising campaigns across a variety of our products. Our Sales teams of account managers, executives, strategists, coordinators and specialists are specialized in different industries and regions to ensure that our ads reach the right users and give our clients the most bang for their buck.
The role: Google Africa Intern Program
As a Google Program Intern, you will support our team’s deployment of new and exciting Google products targeted at the region’s user and small businesses. Armed with deep knowledge of Google products and user needs, you will conduct market research and undertake various projects aimed at improving our current and future product offerings. Such projects might include user surveys, product testing, outreach to publishers and businesses, or marketing support. You may work with various teams across our product range and should expect a high amount of responsibility, on par with a regular team member. You come to us with a sharp, analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit, and you’re eager to join an exuberant, fast-paced team environment.
Internship will start on January 16, 2012 and will run approximately 14 weeks.
Please apply with a full CV in English and university transcripts or a full grade summary.
- Take full responsibility for projects as assigned and develop smart, integrated, research-based marketing proposals for internal use.
- Research and develop deep knowledge of key markets, and the respective competitive landscape, client products and key business issues.
- Utilise measurement tools to add relevant data to presentations and proposals.
- Contribute to the development of internal and external products.
- Troubleshoot user and small business issues.
- University degree or equivalent in progress.
- Experience and ability in common business applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation) and internet savvy.
- Previous sales support or market research experience or internships.
- Superior analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong project management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
Other EMEA internships…
Are you looking for an adventure? Google now offers internship opportunities throughout the year. If you are studying Psychology or Art History, don’t let that arts degree keep you from applying to Google. We have internship work in many non-technical fields – including Finance, Marketing, and Sales.
- Account Coordinator Intern – Milan
- Google Africa Intern Program – Accra
- Google Africa Intern Program – Dakar
- Google Africa Intern Program – Lagos
- Google Africa Intern Program – Nairobi
- Industry Analyst Intern – Dubai
- Legal Intern (Rechtsreferendar) – Hamburg
- Legal Intern – Madrid
- Legal Intern – Milan
- Legal Intern – Paris
- Online Media Associate Intern (English) – EU Headquarters
- Web Developer Intern – London or EU Headquarters
Best of Luck guys!