Deadline:December 9, 2014.
Connected Development [CODE] is a non government organization whose mission is to improve access to information and empower local communities in Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of marginalized communities which will bring about social and economic progress within communities, while promoting transparency and accountability.
CODE is looking for committed, motivated and dynamic persons to join the team to contribute and enhance their activities in a professional, efficient and effective manner.
Applicants are hereby invited from suitable qualified persons for a three month Internship Program as an Executive Assistant and Communications Intern. (Our internship position can be renewed up to a maximum of 3 months more, if intern is found suitable on-the-job)
Under the leadership of The Chief Executive, the Executive Assistant & Communications Intern will provide overall guidance and leadership in the areas of Documentation and Knowledge Management including the coordination of various program activities and dissemination of information and research findings to CSOs practitioners, project partners and the public at large. S/he will collaborate with project staff, research networks and knowledge dissemination hubs worldwide to produce and package research findings, share relevant technical information and create communications and dissemination materials/products relevant to civil societies in Africa. Further, the Interns will participate in analysing and synthesising research findings and programme experiences and will assist in the documentation of successful practices. S/he will facilitate, through multiple venues, mechanisms, and technology, effective processes, systems and tools to share knowledge to CODE’s partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders. The Interns will be a member of the management team. S/he will also provide technical writing assistance to staff and partners.
Executive Assistant (3 months Internship) at Connected Development [CODE]
Work Hours (8am – 5pm) from Monday – Friday except during public holidays and sometimes might need to be present at our events during the weekend
Gender: Female only
This position will perform scheduling, meeting logistics, guest receiving and general administrative assistance for multiple experts and team as a shared resource. This role takes an administrative intern to juggle priorities, understand requests and needs and deliver clear and professional communications and support. This role will participate on administrative projects, deliver and track proposals, and will partner with all levels of staff, experts and the full administration team.
Administrative Responsibilities Include
Support and coordinate schedules and administrative requests for multiple CODE projects.
Anticipate and respond with quality, professional administrative support
Prepare expense reconciliations for team and volunteers
Shepherd contract or proposal process, orientation schedule, onboarding and offboarding when requested
Work well with all levels of the organization; editors, volunteers, staff, technical staff, contractors, Experts etc.
Provide administrative solutions and quality support at all times.
Hold confidentiality and ability to work with sensitive matters and information.
Ability to work with colleagues who do not have English as primary language
Special projects as assigned including working on small to large events with other team members
A year of administrative support in a medium organization / voluntary organization / academic institution
Bachelor’s degree in any field
Demonstrated technical aptitude and savvy, ability to adjust, learn and use new and different open source s/w.
Excellent calendar management and meeting preparation skills
Setting up Teleconference and video conferencing meetings
Comfortable and experienced with technology, various a/v equipment, and s/w.
Excellent writing and communication skills.
Expert in the use of Microsoft Office Suites
Excellent organization and planning skills
Superior attention to detail and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions
Excellent ability work with all levels of staff including a wide range of diversity of staff
Ability to learn, adapt and thrive in changing technical environment
Must enjoy supportive, service oriented administrative work within a team of professionals
Additional Desired Qualifications
Experience in event planning, local or international travel and speaking additional languages (Hausa is a priority)
Open Source knowledge and strong desire to learn and be part of free access and open source movement
Working with Spreadsheets as a Travel and Expense system
International time zone and virtual community experience
Working with virtual communities
Experience with editing on Wikipedia, Google Documents or other wiki projects
1 a. interested applicants must send the following to the email address at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application letter together with a Curriculum Vitae/Resume in MS Word or PDF;
- At least, names of 2 referees must be included in the CV
- Deadline for submission of application is December 9, 2014.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: December 12th 2014
All Africa based organizations working in education (primary, secondary, tertiary education; non-formal and adult education) and combating poverty in an innovative, sustainable and effective way are invited to participate in Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education. Teach a Man to Fish is seeking for organizations or projects making great changes in their community. Entries can be made by a non-African NGO on behalf of their local partner/office (in Africa) in a condition that the prize money and conference travel bursaries are claimed by and used for the benefit of Africa-based organization.
Teach a Man to Fish partners with the Saville Foundation to award this prize.
- US$10,000 – Best entry award
- US$5,000 each – Two runner ups
- US$1,000 each – 55 best entries from each African country
- Top three award winners will be offered a sponsored trip to the international conference and peer-learning workshop of Teach a man to fish.
- Media publicity and enhanced sponsorship and donation opportunities are other benefits.
- Applicants can be organizations in any African country focusing on education.
- Applying professionals can be teachers, doctors, lawyers, judges, accountants, bankers, engineers, and police officers.
- Organizations outside Africa can submit entries on behalf of their African partner. The African organization will be beneficiary in this condition.
- Entries must be accompanied by work contact details of a suitable referee. Referees must be independent of entrant organization and either a government official, qualified professional, or senior employee of an internationally recognized institution. Referees cannot be family members of the entrant.
- List of eligible countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Democratic Republic of the), Congo-Brazzaville (Republic of the Congo), Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
interested? Click here to here
For more information, please visit The Saville Foundation Pan-African Awards.
iDEA (Information Technology Developers Entrepreneurship Accelerator) provides essential support to entrepreneurs to build software skills, solutions and businesses critical to their success. Entrepreneurs accepted into iDEA Centres receive support in the way of physical work space, shared facilities, training, mentoring and access to capital.
Project Management is the No 1 most sought after skill in the world and is in high demand by companies in Nigeria and all over the world. It’s a knowledge and skill that helps improve business results. The PMP (Project Management Professional) credential is one of the most respected credentials in the world. The Project Management course would cover the following:
Duration: 3 days
Course fee: N15,000 per participant.(Discounted)
- Project Management Framework
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time (Schedule) Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Understanding the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK 5th Edition)
- Case Study Analysis using the PMI Project Management Casebook. To deal with real life application and work place relevance.
- Free Career and Start-up Application Consulting
- Certificate of Training & Formal Project Management Education
For more information on how to apply,click here to apply
- Coordinate the activities of the CISLAC on research, advocacy, capacity building and networking.
- Maintain constant communication with the TJ &GP members to ensure effective coordination between their individual organisations activities and those of TJ & GP.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with policy makers, opinion makers, relevant institutions, Civil Society Organisations and other relevant partners for promoting the tax justice agenda in Nigeria.
- Circulate information between among Platform members and within CISLAC of Tax Justice Issues.
- Provide Support to the CRAFT Project Implementation team for effective implementation of Tax Justice Interventions.
- Contribute to fundraising for activities and Proposals and Project designs Development of Proposals.
- Perform any other assigned duties in pursuit of CISLAC’s Vision, Mission and Mandate.
- A graduate level in any branch of economics, political science or related discipline.
- A considerable experience in development-related research in government, Non-Governmental Organisations or in a research institute environment.
- Familiarity with operations of networks and coalitions.
- Sound and informed knowledge of development economics and, domestic tax, the broader international development agenda and National Tax and Fiscal matters in Nigeria.
- A proven experience in writing policy briefs, commissioning policy reports and advocacy will be desirable.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- At least two years experience in a similar position.
- Great interpersonal skills.
Are you looking for a job that is exciting, respectable, stable, has opportunities for growth and pays well? Jobs like that don’t come easily. But, if you are smart, hardworking and would love to learn how to build software that has a huge global impact (like Facebook, or Twitter), then you need to learn about Andela.
Andela is a new kind of company. In partnership with some of the best engineers and technology entrepreneurs in Nigeria, the United States and Canada, we hire and train Africa’s brightest and most driven young people so that in just a few years, they can go from never having written a line of code to being world-class software engineers.
As part of our entirely merit-based selection process, we offer a free two week Boot Camp where instructors with years of software development experience will teach you the basics of front end web programming and help you collaboratively build your first web development project.
Our ideal candidate must be extremely driven, hard-working, detail oriented, curious, and deeply interested in building software or websites, but might not have any formal training in it. While we respect degrees and prior experience in software development, it is not necessary for the purposes of this role.
Application Deadline : July 18, 2014
2 week Boot Camp : July 28 – August 8, 2014
This is a FREE Unpaid 2-week training that will give you valuable entry-level programming skills. Boot camp serves as a two-week long interview from which Top candidates will be employed by Andela.
2 month Immersion Training: August 11 – October 3, 2014
For those selected after Boot Camp there will be a subsequent two-month immersion training program. A stipend of N81,500/month will be given to participants for the duration of the program. After two months of training you will be qualified to work on global projects with top technology companies and financial institution in Canada and the United States as part of our team.
Long Term Employment:
At the end of the two month paid training period, employees will be eligible for high-paid continued training and employment with Andela.
For more information,visit: Andela
Location :Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
Application Deadline :30 July, 2014
Languages Required :English
Starting Date :August 1st, 2014
Duration of Initial Contract:1 year initially (Extendable)
Under the overall guidance of the Coordinator GPI Calabar center and direct supervision of the Deputy Coordinator, the MERO will be responsible for monitoring evaluation and reporting for all GPI Projects. Ensuring high quality and timely inputs towards the achievement of intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The MERO will also ensure that GPI prtojects and activities fit into the strategic vision of GPI.
The MERO will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the organisation; assisting the Deputy Coordinator in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the Management Information System (MIS) of all projects and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The MERO shall work in close collaboration with the GPI Project Execution Team and all other partners/collaborators of GPI
Duties and Responsibilities
The MERO will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation and reporting procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work •Develop monitoring and impact indicator for each project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback to the Deputy Coordinator on projects strategies and activities towards ensuring results based management
- Suggest strategies to the Deputy Coordinator for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying challenges in completing project activities and developing plans to mitigate such challenges;
- Provide project reports to the Deputy Coordinator as at when due
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the organisation;Participate in project reviews and planning meetings as at when due and assist the Deputy Coordinator in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required;
- Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of monthly MIS reports;
- Assist the Deputy Coordinator in preparing project reports and other relevant reports;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for program staff
- Assist Deputy Coordinator in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from projects;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome in GPI website;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the program and projects;
Demonstrates integrity by modeling good work values and ethical standards
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of GPI
Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Knowledge Management and Learning
In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and staff.
Ability to lead implementation of new systems, and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Required Skills and Experience
Education: University Degree preferably in Social Work, Sociology or related field.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development/SRHR projects implemented by state/national NGOs or Government;
Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
Strong training & facilitation skills.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and spoken and English.
Any qualified candidate should send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com