In the final step of CrowdOutAIDS, an independent drafting committee will be selected to collaboratively author the outcome document of the process via online tools and live drafting sessions.
The drafting committee will be made up of 7 “editors.” The purpose of the drafting committee is to objectively reflect on the various outputs from the CrowdOutAIDS process and put together a clear, concise, actionable plan together with key definitions and principles that UNAIDS should adhere to when working with young people.
We are now calling for applicants to be part of this exciting drafting committee – interested? Keep reading!
Scope of work
- Adhere to the principles of the CrowdOutAIDS process including transparency, openness, inclusiveness and youth-led.
- Read all background materials and analysis of input carefully, and participate in briefing calls with the CrowdOutAIDS team.
- Objectively represent the outputs of the CrowdOutAIDS process.
- Take the lead in drafting at least one section of the CrowdOutAIDS outcome document, and provide constructive feedback to other sections.
- Integrate comments via the chat function in the online drafting application from the CrowdOutAIDS participants.
- Post each final section of the CrowdOutAIDS outcome document to one of the CrowdOutAIDS online forums for validation. For some forums this will require translation of the section into the forum language and translation of comments to English.
- Synthesize and incorporate comments from the online forums into the English collaborative document.
- Mobilize young people in your networks to take part in the CrowdOutAIDS process.
- Writing process will take place during the last two weeks of January, from 20-40 hours each of the two weeks.
- Available for several live drafting sessions, and reporting on the work of the drafting committee to the CrowdOutAIDS online forums, including some translation.
- Active involvement in CrowdOutAIDS
- Under 30 years of age
- Fluent English speaker and writer, with at least one of the following languages considered an asset: Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, and/or Portuguese.
- Proven ability to remain neutral and objective
- Previous experience with collaborative document authoring considered an asset
Additional selection principles
- Gender balance and equity
- Regional balance
- Key populations at higher risk and young people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply. The selection process will be confidential
To ensure the independence of the drafting committee, members will work on a voluntary basis with the CrowdOutAIDS participants as their key constituency
- Send your CV and a motivation letter (of maximum 300 words), in which you answer the following questions:
a) How have you been involved in CrowdOutAIDS so far?
b) Why should you be selected as a Drafting Committee member?
c) In your opinion, why is it important for the drafting committee to remain independent?
- Seven online drafting committee members will be selected
- The final selection of the drafting committee will be made by the 9th of January 2012 by a selection committee consisting of:
a) One moderator from the online CrowdOutAIDS forums (in consultation with the other moderators)
b) A representative from the External Working Group made up of members of global youth networks working on AIDS.
c) A CrowdOutAIDS project team member (UNAIDS staff)
Send your application before January 2, 2012 to NGL@unaids.org. The final selection will be made by January 9, 2012.
Good luck and happy holidays for the CrowdOutAIDS team!