Posted by Nsa Archibong
Deadline: February 5th 2015
Global Health Corps provides a yearlong paid fellowship for young professionals from diverse backgrounds to work on the frontlines of the fight for global health equity at existing health organizations and government agencies. Fellows are currently working in Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and the United States.
GHC recruits placement organizations that are doing excellent work in improving healthcare access and health outcomes in impoverished communities. Placement organizations range from small grassroots organizations to large global institutions. Global Health Corps recruits and selects highly qualified applicants with diverse skill sets for specific fellowship positions at these organizations. Fellows have built financial management systems for grassroots HIV organizations in Uganda, counseled homeless teenagers in New Jersey, supported district pharmacies in Rwanda in rolling our new supply chain management tools and conducted policy research in Washington DC.
- Be 30 or under at the start of the fellowship
- Have an undergraduate university degree by July 2015
- Be proficient in English
Application Timeline for the 2015-2016 Fellowship:
- November 5, 2014: Part 1 of the application opens
- December 9, 2014: Position descriptions posted online. Part 2 of the application opens
- February 3, 2015: Applications close at 11:59pm EST. Two recommendation forms and Proof of Identity and Proof of Education documents due
- February – March 2015: Each application is reviewed by at least two readers
- March 2015: up to 10 semi-finalists are selected for each fellowship position. All candidates are notified of their application status by email
- March 2015: All semi-finalists are interviewed by Global Health Corps and 3-5 finalists per position are selected
- March – April 2015: All finalists are interviewed by the placement organizations
- April – May 2015: Fellowship offers extended
Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills.
Click here to apply
Tags: Apply! Global Health Corps Fellowship 2015-2016, Fellowship, fellowship position, fellowship positions, GHC Fellowship, Global Health Corps, global health equity, grassroots organizations, Health Corps, health organizations