FONERWA is accepting PPDs from interested Organisations/CSOs/Institutions/Government Agencies under its sixth call for Project Proposals for Financial Support in Areas of Environment, Climate Change and Green Economy Initiatives.
The foundation has the objective of contributing to sustainable wealth creation and poverty reduction in Rwanda, through sustainable management of natural resources, climate resilient and green economic growth.
Areas of Interest
- Climate Change
- Green Economy Initiatives
- Poverty Reduction
- Applicants can be organizations including, line ministries, Government agencies, Districts, the private sector, academic institutions and civil society organizations (CSOs).
- Projects must target priority areas for national development related to environment, climate change and green growth.
- Applicants must submit Project Profile Documents (PPDs) requesting for financial support to implement projects and programmes that fulfill FONERWA objectives after which they are invited for submitting full proposals.
Applicants can submit their project concepts, known as Project Profile Documents (PPDs) via email. All proposals received by stipulated deadline are then taken through a rigorous screening process. The step by step process of application is-
- Step 1– Applicants (Line Ministries/private sector/civil society) should complete Project Profile Documents (PPDs) for proposals to be considered by the FONERWA Secretariat, in conformity with FONERWA Thematic Financing Windows/ key entry points.
- Step 2– PDs will be screened by the Fund Management Team against eligibility criteria.
- Step 3– If successful, applicants will be asked to submit a full project document, and technical assistance (TA) and support from the Fund Management Team to elaborate or improve the proposal will be provided as needed.
- Step 4– Full proposals will undergo a technical appraisal by the Fund Management Team who will assign a priority ranking for submission to the FONERWA Technical Committee.
For more information and application form, visit Here.