Are you a youth thinking about contesting for elective position? Do you believe you have what it takes to lead and contribute to nation building through politics?
Then YALF Season 2 is for you. Come and understand:
- What is elective position and public office
- How youth can effectively run for elective offices
- How young females can achieve their political aspirations
- What are the best entry points for youth interested in elective positions
- Participate in a non partisan support network to encourage youth aspirants
- What are other resources youth can tap into towards their political aspirations
And much more!
YALF Season 2 shall offer 2 workshops in Abuja and Lagos, a good governance learning visit to a highly performing state in Nigeria, a community leadership experience and certificate of participation.
- Prof. Pat Utomi – Centre for Values in Leadership
- Senator Babajide Omoworare – National Assembly
- Hon Abike Dabire – National Assembly
- Hon Chris Fotabong – Youth Parliamentarian Cameroon
- Ayisa Osori – CEO Nigeria Women Trust Fund
- Hon Zainab Galadima – Councilor, Abuja
- Nentawe Gomiyar – Young Aspirant
- Lynus Okorie – CEO GOTNI
- Hon. Nkoyo Toyo – National Assembly
There shall be other speakers from media houses, development partners, electoral experts etc.
Political Party Interface: There shall also be a special session with political parties.
The first workshop will hold on 24th – 28th March 2014 in Abuja, Nigeria.
Youth between the ages of 18 and 35, interested in running for political office.
Apply using the Online Application System
Application Deadline: March 7, 2014
Selected candidates will pay a registration fee of N10,000.
Participants are responsible for their transportation to Abuja. Lunch and accommodation shall be provided.
For more inquiries call +234 703 5535 876 or +234 809 8333 348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Young Aspirants Leadership Fellowship is an initiative of Youngstars Foundation and supported by UNDP-DGD
For more information,visit: Youngstars Foundation