This to ensure the new person would be able to join us as soon as possible.
The Climate Action Network – International (CAN) is seeking a Mobilization Coordinator to support CAN’s growing Global Campaign Coordination Department. The Campaign Coordination Department aims at coordinating members’ work around key campaign opportunities and through specific projects that support the shift to a low-carbon and climate resilient development at the international, national and regional level.In 2015 CAN will focus on building an inclusive and diverse movement that will mobilize together at key global moments to exert pressure for a phase out of fossil fuel pollution and a just transition to 100% RE globally by at least 2050.
The Mobilization Coordinator will play a leading role in this effort coordinating key mobilization moments across different movements.The Coordinator will closely work with all other departments and report directly to the Head of Global Campaign Coordination. Physical location for this position is flexible although ideally it would be from within the offices of an existing CAN member group or regional office.
Specifically, the Mobilization Coordinator will:
• Lead the development and coordinate the implementation of the network’s mobilization strategy around key global moments in the climate and development calendar in 2015;
• Coordinate members’ and national or regional node/partner’s campaign work around key mobilization opportunities and ensure they are in line with the network strategy and support international efforts;
• Provide campaign and mobilization expertise to CAN node coordinators and members and enhance collaboration and joint strategic campaign development;
• Plan workshops, conference calls, and other means for effective and intensive collaboration around key mobilization moments;
• Establish regular reporting and inter-group communication on mobilization activities;
• Support fundraising efforts by the CAN Director as they relate to Campaign Coordination efforts; and
• Support the CAN Secretariat whenever required to ensure strong mobilization on identified key opportunities.
• Graduate-level university degree in relevant field (social, economic, environment);
• Excellent facilitation and coordination skills ideally in a network environment;
• Experience working in a relevant field, preferably including at an NGO working on climate, development and/or energy issues;
• Experience developing and implementing successful campaign strategies with mobilization components with diverse stakeholders
• Experience leading projects with multicultural and cross departmental project teams
• Ability and experience working in a remote office;
• Organizational skills and willingness to work under time restraints and pressure;
• English language required, excellent French and/or Spanish skills are a strong asset;
• Ability to travel on demand (and up to 50% of time) is required;
• Experience working and living in developing countries, with a keen understanding of the challenges in communication, resource restraints, and other unique circumstances preferred.
Salary will depend on experience and location.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject: “Mobilization Coordinator”. Applications are requested as soon as possible, and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the right candidate has been found.
Please, no telephone inquiries. Based on the expected large interest in this position and limited capacity, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted. CAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We especially encourage people with experience of working and living in developing countries.