Apply! Czech Republic Government Scholarships 2015 for Foreign Students
Deadline: March 31, 2015
Type: Fully Funded.
Applications are invited for Czech Republic Government scholarships available for foreign university/college students or graduates and PhD candidates. Scholarship-holders may be admitted for research visits (i.e. either attending non-degree courses of their choice, or pursuing an independent research activity, depending on their qualifications and preferences) or for study visits at one of the Czech public institutions of higher education. Nominations and application dossiers must be submitted to the Ministry by the competent authorities of eligible countries. Applications sent directly to the Ministry by individual applicants will not be processed.
- Scholarship-holders may be admitted for research visits (i.e. either attending non-degree courses of their choice, or pursuing an independent research activity, depending on their qualifications and preferences), or for study visits, when they enroll in a standard study program for the period of scholarship specified in the appropriate intergovernmental/departmental agreement. Since the courses they follow in the Czech Republic do not lead to the award of a degree, the universities concerned usually do not require them to sit entrance examinations.
- The terms and conditions of admission and requirements concerning the language of tuition are stipulated by the host university that takes an autonomous decision whether or not the applicant can be accepted within the framework of the Ministry’s scholarship program.
- Prospective applicants are advised to contact the selected university directly and request a letter of invitation from the appropriate department. Although such a letter is not listed among obligatory attachments to the application form, its submission is recommended, since it may simplify and expedite the admission procedure. Applicants are requested to point out to the selected university that they are applying for the Ministry’s scholarship award under an international agreement.
- Note please that access to art academies can be somewhat limited because the applicants must meet demanding requirements and demonstrate their talent. Samples of artistic work, e.g. photographs, video/audio recording of a musical performance etc., must be attached to the application forms of fine/performing arts students/graduates.
- All applicants should indicate the preferred period of scholarship in their application form. The Ministry reserves the right to change the requested term of scholarship and/or place any applicant to a course and/or higher education institution different from those indicated in his/her scholarship application form, if admission as requested by the applicant is not feasible.
- For the academic year 2015/2016, the scholarship amounts to CZK 9,000 per month for those who do not hold a Master’s degree or equivalent and CZK 9,500 per month for holders of a Master’s degree or equivalent. Scholarship-holders are exempted from tuition fees. The scholarship has to be collected in person at the appropriate department of the respective Czech university. Inexpensive accommodation at student dormitories is offered as well as the possibility to take meals at student catering facilities. The applicants are requested to indicate in their application form whether they wish to obtain lodging at a student dormitory.
- Medical care: Medical care for EU/EEA citizens who are properly insured in their home countries is provided in compliance with the European Parliament and Council (EC) Regulation No. 883/2004, as last amended, and its implementing Regulation No. 987/2009, as amended by Regulation No. 465/2012. Note please that the expenses for repatriation are not covered by the provisions of the aforementioned European Regulations and it is therefore advisable to contract an insurance policy to this end. As regards non-EU/EEA citizens, medical care is provided to the extent stipulated in the respective intergovernmental/departmental agreement under which the scholarship is awarded. If the agreement concerned does not provide for any coverage of medical care, the admitted applicants are required to arrange a health insurance policy for the period of their stay in the Czech Republic. Please consult the consular section of the Czech Embassy in your country to find out about detailed requirements applying to the minimum scope of compulsory insurance policy.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Czech Republic Government ScholarshipsStudents from Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria (only academic staff members), Egypt, Estonia, Estonia, Malta, France, Germany, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Latvia, Luxembourg, Macedonia/FYROM, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Peru, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Vietnam, Albania, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia and the Ukrain can apply for these Czech Republic government scholarships.
Posted on January 8, 2015, in Africa, Career, Education, Gender, Women, Girls, Global, Opportunities, Uncategorized and tagged Czech Republic Government Scholarships 2015, Czech Republic Government Scholarships 2015 for Foreign Students, Czech Republic Government Scholarships for Foreign Students. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.