The Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is accepting fellowship applications from women students/researchers to study or conduct research at any of the host institutions in Japan. The 2015 JAUW International Fellowship Program offers core funding to pursue the ongoing study/research.
Fellowship amount range between ¥700,000 and ¥1,000,000 per grantee for the duration of 5 to 6 months. This fellowship must begin after September 2015 and end by March 2016.
- Applicants must be a woman belonging to any country (except Japan), living outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must have received a Master’s degree or equivalent and presently work outside academia. Student/researcher higher than MA or equivalent level (pre-doctoral or dissertation level) can also apply.
- Applicants should have found a host university or institution in Japan and received a letter of acceptance from the host or prospective supervisor beforehand. She will have to submit the acceptance letter along with application materials.
- Application documents must be typed in English. They must reach JAUW via airmail by the deadline.
- Proposal should clearly state how and in what respect will the applicant contribute to her home country through the study/research in Japan. She should explain in the proposal the reason why she is in Japan to pursue her ongoing study/research.
Complete application documents include – 3 copies of application form Part 1 (personal data); 3 copies of application form Part 2 (proposal and related data); 3 letters of recommendation (signed by the writer and enclosed in a sealed and signed envelop); a letter of acceptance/confirmation/invitation from host supervisor or partner; a medical certificate of health issued by a qualified medical doctor; and a 3.5X4.5cm photo of the applicant.
For more information, please visit Fellowship Program.