Apply! Community Solutions Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs
Posted by Nsa Archibong
IREX is now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 Community Solutions Program. Please see theapplication instructions for more information on how to apply. All application are due by 11:59 AM EDT on Monday, October 27, 2014.
The Community Solutions Program is a professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working in Transparency & Accountability, Tolerance & Conflict Resolution, Environmental Issues, and Women & Gender Issues. Selected candidates will participate in: a four month U.S. fellowship with a local nonprofit organization or government agency; structured virtual learning and networking via the Online Community Leadership Institute; and, the design and implementation of follow-on projects in their home countries.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE GRANT
• J-1 visa support
• Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to the U.S.
• Accident and sickness insurance
• Living Allowance to cover housing, meals and incidentals
TECHNICAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, national origin, or gender. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Competition for the Community Solutions Program is merit-based and open to community leaders, ages 25-38 at the time of application, who meet the following criteria:
• From a participating country (U.S. citizens, permanent residents of the U.S., and individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency in the past three years are not eligible for this program)
• Currently living and working in his/her home country (Individuals participating in academic, training or research programs in the United States at the time of application and individuals residing or working outside their home countries at the time of application are not eligible for this program)
• Currently working on a community project or initiative in his/her home country; and, has at least 2 years of professional experience in this capacity at the time of application
• Able to begin the program in the United States in 2015, and is committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program
• Able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa (Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. Government who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of application are not eligible for this program)
• Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application
Africa: Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
East Asia and the Pacific: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
Europe: Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, and Turkey
South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Burma, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan
Near East & North Africa: Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Gaza
Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Paraguay, Peru, and Trinidad and Tobago
To register,click here
Posted on October 20, 2014, in Africa, Career, Entrepreneurship, Fellowship, Global, Social Entrepreneurship and tagged Apply! Community Solutions Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs, Community Solutions Fellowship, IREX, social entrepreneurs. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.