Call for Applications:Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship Programme(2015- 2016)
The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship Program is an international exchange program named in honor of NED’s principal founders, former president Ronald Reagan and the late congressman Dante Fascell. Funded by the U.S. Congress, the fellowship program supports democratic activists, scholars, and journalists from around the world to undertake independent research on democratic challenges worldwide.
Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows spend five months in residence at the NED’s International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C. during Fall (October 1–February 28) or Spring (March 1–July 31), where they participate in the following activities:
- conduct independent research and writing while reflecting on lessons learned;
- engage in capacity-building seminars and workshops;
- exchange ideas and establish contacts with counterparts in Washington, D.C.; and
- impact democratic development in their country, region or field through presentations, projects and products.
Support and Eligibility
Fellowships include a monthly stipend, health insurance, office space, research support, and round-trip travel to Washington, DC. The program does not provide financial assistance for accompanying family or other dependents.
The fellowship program offers two tracks:
- Practitioner Track: Open to democracy activists, civil society leaders, human rights defenders, journalists, and others who work on the front lines of democracy
- Scholar Track: Open to scholars, university professors, and researchers (applicants are expected to hold a PhD or academic equivalent at the time of application
How to Apply
For details about our program and how to apply for a fellowship, please click here here
Application Deadline: October 15, 2014.
Posted on October 2, 2014, in Africa, Career, Fellowship and tagged Call for Applications:2015- 2016, Call for Applications:2015- 2016 Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship Programme, Call for Applications:Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship Programme(2015- 2016), Dante Fascell, fellowship program, Fellowship Programme, independent research, Reagan-Fascell Democracy, Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship Program, Ronald Reagan. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.