Apply! WIMBIZ Impact Investment Competition for female entrepreneurs
Posted by Nsa Archibong
The 13th WIMBIZ Annual Conference themed Nigeria Rising… Accelerating Transformation will feature a nationwide pre-conference competition for young Nigerian women.
The competition is designed to support outstanding start up businesses owned by young Nigerian female entrepreneurs to ensure their success and sustainability.
The competition which is open to young women between the ages of 21-30, will identify three winning business plans that meet the following criteria:
The business must:
1. Have clearly defined goals and objectives
2. Be sustainable and profitable
3. Impact society
4. Be in the start-up phase and should not be more than 12 months old (new businesses are welcome to apply)
Application Deadline: All applications must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, September 5, 2014.
1. 1,000,000NGN will be awarded to the top 3 businesses.
2. The top 10 applicants will be granted scholarships to attend the Annual Conference
3. Awards will be presented to the winners during the closing ceremony of the Annual Conference
4. The winners will be assigned mentors on the platform of the WIMBIZ mentoring program
Eligibility1. You must be a citizen of Nigeria2. You must be a woman between the ages of 21-303. Your business must be situated in Nigeria and should have a sustainability component for Nigeria4. The value of your request should not exceed 300,000NGN5. The business must be in the start-up phase and should not be more than 12 months old6. The owner must demonstrate commitment and interest in the business
Application Process1. Fill in the online application2. Create a 1-3 minute(s) video marketing your unique product and/or service, upload to YouTube and paste the link to your application3. Create your business plan with the accompanying financial statements and send email@example.com your name and title of the award as the subject e.g Ope Ikechukwu Abubakar Impact Investment Competition (The entire document, including financial projections should not exceed 7 pages)
4. All applications must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, September 5, 2014.
Application deadline is Friday, September 5, 2014.
Posted on August 28, 2014, in Africa, Competitions, Contests, Entrepreneurship, Gender, Women, Girls, Social Entrepreneurship and tagged Apply! WIMBIZ Impact Investment Competition for female entrepreneurs, female entrepreneurs, Impact Investment Competition, WIMBIZ, WIMBIZ Annual Conference. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.