#VacancyAlert: GPI seeks Monitoring Evaluation And Reporting Officer (MERO)
Location :Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
Application Deadline :30 July, 2014
Languages Required :English
Starting Date :August 1st, 2014
Duration of Initial Contract:1 year initially (Extendable)
Under the overall guidance of the Coordinator GPI Calabar center and direct supervision of the Deputy Coordinator, the MERO will be responsible for monitoring evaluation and reporting for all GPI Projects. Ensuring high quality and timely inputs towards the achievement of intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The MERO will also ensure that GPI prtojects and activities fit into the strategic vision of GPI.
The MERO will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the organisation; assisting the Deputy Coordinator in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the Management Information System (MIS) of all projects and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The MERO shall work in close collaboration with the GPI Project Execution Team and all other partners/collaborators of GPI
Duties and Responsibilities
The MERO will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation and reporting procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work •Develop monitoring and impact indicator for each project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback to the Deputy Coordinator on projects strategies and activities towards ensuring results based management
- Suggest strategies to the Deputy Coordinator for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying challenges in completing project activities and developing plans to mitigate such challenges;
- Provide project reports to the Deputy Coordinator as at when due
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the organisation;Participate in project reviews and planning meetings as at when due and assist the Deputy Coordinator in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required;
- Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of monthly MIS reports;
- Assist the Deputy Coordinator in preparing project reports and other relevant reports;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for program staff
- Assist Deputy Coordinator in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from projects;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome in GPI website;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the program and projects;
Demonstrates integrity by modeling good work values and ethical standards
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of GPI
Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Knowledge Management and Learning
In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and staff.
Ability to lead implementation of new systems, and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Required Skills and Experience
Education: University Degree preferably in Social Work, Sociology or related field.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development/SRHR projects implemented by state/national NGOs or Government;
Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
Strong training & facilitation skills.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and spoken and English.
Any qualified candidate should send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Posted on July 4, 2014, in Africa, Career, Gender, Women, Girls, Technology and tagged #VacancyAlert: GPI seeks Monitoring Evaluation And Reporting Officer (MERO), Calabar, Girls Power Initiative, Nigeria. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.