Call for Proposals: 2014 The Young Feminist Fund for gender activists
Posted by Nsa Archibong
- Advancing and defending women’s rights from a feminist perspective;
- Improving the lives of young women/transgender youth at local, national, regional or international levels;
- Inclusive organizing, collective action and feminist movement building
– Groups, networks, or collectives based in the Global South (Africa, Asia and the Pacific, The Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean and Central, Southern, Eastern Europe and Caucuses and Central Asia).
Priority will be given to:
- Small, emerging grassroots groups, networks, or collectives with little or no access to funding from larger donors.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are working on emerging or issues that have not received prior funding.
- Groups, networks, or collectives located in remote underserved areas.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are diverse in their membership and made up of and/or working with socially marginalized young women especially: refugees, ethnic, national and caste minorities, rural women, urban poor, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, women living with HIV/AIDS, sex workers, women with disabilities, women living in armed conflicts and post conflict zones.
- Groups using creative and innovative strategies to further their activism (including art, music, culture, poetry, social media etc).
Funding Amounts & Length of Grant
FRIDA makes grants of up to $4,000 USD. They are flexible grants that can be used for general support and/or projects to be used over a period of 12 months and are open to renewal.
- To submit your application online.
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 28th July 2014
Posted on June 30, 2014, in Africa, Competitions, Contests, Entrepreneurship, Gender, Women, Girls, Social Entrepreneurship, Technology and tagged Asia and the Pacific, Call for Proposals: 2014 The Young Feminist Fund for gender activists, Eastern Europe and Caucuses and Central Asia)., FRIDA, Global South (Africa, grants, http://www.youngfeministfund.org, Latin America and the Caribbean and Central, Southern, The Middle East, Young Feminist Fund. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.