#VacancyAlert:Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN) seeks Community Manager
Posted by Nsa Archibong
Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN) is a social enterprise that connects underserved Nigerian youth with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) opportunities. PIN seeks to hire a Community Manager for one of its Social Media Consulting projects, TobaccoCtrl, which is in the second year.Tobacco Control Nigeria is a public health and policy change campaign project using social media to advance tobacco control and support the passage of a comprehensive Tobacco Control (TC) law compliant with the World Health Organization’s Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC).
The TobaccoCtrl Community Manager will work from Paradigm Initiative Nigeria’s ICT Policy office in Abuja
Start date is immediate but we will keep searching until we find the right team member, hopefully by July 1, 2014.
The TobaccoCtrl Community Manager will oversee partnerships with other campaign stakeholders, coordinate information flows between stakeholders and ensure that PIN’s human capital is adequately focused on the project. The community Manager will also be involved in generating content for the project’s assets, come up with ideas on how to move the project forward, write reports and work with other team members working on the campaign.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with team members
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Write reports on the project for management and other relevant stakeholders
- Monitor and gain approval for all budgeted project expenditures
- Write articles based on happenings around project
- Share information on project’s social media assets
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
The Community Manager must have a degree from a tertiary institution, and must have a working knowledge of Project Management. The following qualities are required for effectiveness in the role:
- Effective Communication: Community Manager must speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Community Manager must develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the projects and to create new opportunities.
- Teamwork: Community Manager must work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance project effectiveness.
- Leadership: Community Manager must positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the projects and organization.
- Decision Making: Program Manager must assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the projects and organization.
- Organization: Community Manager must set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Planning: Community Manager must determine strategies to move the projects forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Problem Solving: Community Manager must assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, make recommendations and/or resolve project problems.
- Experience: Community Manager must have 2 to 3 years project planning and management experience
HOW (to apply)
Please send a CV and a cover letter that speaks to your interest in the position via eMail to email@example.com before Friday, June 27, 2014, with “Community Manager (TobaccoCtrl)” in the subject line. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
For more information,visit: http://pinigeria.org/
Posted on June 23, 2014, in Africa, Career, Social Entrepreneurship, Technology and tagged #Nigeria #Abuja, #VacancyAlert, #VacancyAlert:Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN) seeks Community Manager, Community Manager, Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN). Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.