Call for Applications:2014 SEED Awards for Social and Environmental entrepreneurs
Posted by Nsa Archibong
Do you have an entrepreneurial and innovative idea that is locally-driven and has potential to contribute significantly to sustainable development in countries with developing or transition economies?
If you meet SEED’s eligibility criteria, you can apply now for the 2014 SEED Awards for entrepreneurship in sustainable development, including the 2014 SEED Gender Equality Awards and the 2014 SEED Low Carbon Awards.
The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurs in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up social and environmental entrepreneurs in countries with developing and emerging economies. An international jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.Find a concrete example of how SEED supported a Winner here.
In 2014 up to 55 SEED Awards are made available:
- 30 SEED Africa Awards for enterprises in Ethiopia, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania and Uganda;
- 12 SEED South Africa Awards for enterprises in South Africa, four of which to enterprises in the provinces of Free State, Limpopo and KwaZulu Natal;
- 10 SEED Low Carbon Awards for enterprises in Colombia, India, Tanzania, Uganda and Viet Nam;
- 3 SEED Gender Equality Awards, for enterprises in other countries (except countries that are OECD or EU members).
Applicants can only apply for a maximum of two SEED Award categories.
SEED Awards Prize
Unlike most other competitions, the SEED Award does not carry only a money prize. Experience from working with social and environmental entrepreneurs has shown that in many instances such enterprises often require access to knowledge, expertise and networks as much as to financial support. SEED meets this need by offering winners a package of individually tailored support for their enterprises.
While no support package to SEED Winners is the same – each package strongly orients itself on the needs expressed by the enterprise itself – the prize associated with the SEED Awards consists of:
- assistance and advice on developing and improving the enterprise’s business and financial plan;
- a three-day in-country business-oriented workshop also covering the key elements and factors which help to build a successful social and environmental enterprise, which is also gender responsive;
- participation in a high-level international awards ceremony with senior government and UN officials, development institutions, financial institutions and businesses;
- profiling of the enterprise nationally, regionally and internationally;
- assistance with access to relevant organisations, businesses, and to other SEED winners and SEED alumni, and SEED Partners, Supporters and Associates;
- a financial contribution of USD5000 to cover the enterprise’s most pressing needs, as agreed between the winner and SEED.
- Gender Equality Winners will in addition receive support from the international law firm Hogan Lovells who have an established pro bono practice advising women entrepreneurs across the world.
Find a concrete example of how SEED supported a Winner here.
For more information;visit: http://www.seedinit.org
Posted on March 12, 2014, in Africa, Career, Entrepreneurship, Gender, Women, Girls, Social Entrepreneurship and tagged #Socialentrepreneurship, 10 SEED Low Carbon Awards, 12 SEED South Africa Awards, 2014 SEED Low Carbon Awards., 3 SEED Gender Equality Awards, 30 SEED Africa Awards, Call for Applications:2014 SEED Awards for Social and environmental entrepreneurs, http://www.seedinit.org. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.