Call for Entries: The Fund for Internet Research and Education (FIRE) Programme Awards 2014
The African Network Information Center – AFRINIC announces the call for entries for the 2014 FIRE Awards.
The Fund for Internet Research and Education (FIRE) aims at encouraging ICT development innovations that contribute to sustainable development in Africa. The FIRE programme Awards is granted to initiatives already completed or in their final implementation phase and that are aligned with the three funding categories:
1) Innovation on Access provision: fostering ICT growth in Africa by ensuring that the delivery mechanism is available, reliable and scalable;
2) E-development: the development, deployment and enhancement of content, applications and solutions.
3) Freedom of Expression: initiatives related to freedom of expression, freedom of association, privacy, security, consumer’s rights, new forms of intellectual property in the digital environment, and a wider range of issues related to Internet and human rights.
The FIRE Programme invites African organisations, entrepreneurs and innovators to propose projects under one of three categories.
The registration deadline for the 2014 Awards has been set for 31 March 2014.
About FIRE:The FIRE programme seeks out for actors from the African region to provide solutions to such issues by:
- Supporting the development of affordable and efficient Internet infrastructure;
- Developing and promoting the adoption of innovative applications and services;
- Supporting individual rights awareness and strength trust between organizations and individuals in the region.
The FIRE programme will be sharing lessons learned on our collaborative platforms as a way to spread the word about successful projects and experiences from which communities around the region can learn and replicate when facing similar problems. The FIRE programme, which provides small grants and awards, has been set-up to help local and regional projects designed to introducing, improving and applying Internet technology for the benefit of African users and communities.
Posted on March 11, 2014, in Africa, Career, Competitions, Internships, Opportunities, Policy, Technology, Uncategorized and tagged Call for Entries: The African Network Information Center FIRE Programme Awards 2014, Call for Entries: The Fund for Internet Research and Education (FIRE) Programme Awards 2014, The Fund for Internet Research and Education (FIRE). Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.