#VacancyAlert: Mara Foundation seeks One-on-One Manager in Nigeria
Posted by Nsa Archibong
Mara One-on-One Manager Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
About: Mara Foundation
Mara Foundation is Mara Group’s social enterprise that focuses on emerging African entrepreneurs. It works to create sustainable economic and business development opportunities for young business owners through various initiatives.Mara Foundation was launched in 2009 by Ashish J. Thakkar, Founder of Mara Group. Since its inception, the Foundation has scaled its programmatic focus and is now active in a number of countries across Africa.In 2014, the Foundation continues its strategic growth in Sub-Saharan African countries while simultaneously expanding to other global countries worldwide. Mara Foundation is seed funded and is currently supported by Mara Group.
Mara Foundation’s mission is to provide comprehensive support services including mentorship, funding and business training facilities to African entrepreneurs.
Mara Foundation believes that these support services will play a crucial role in transforming business ideas into reality. These businesses will, in turn, create jobs for other Africans and help build an SME sector that can genuinely contribute to the development of both the local and pan-African economies.
About the position
We are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to manage the Mara One-on-One programme in Nigeria.
Mara One-on-One aims to support the start-up and growth of young businesses in Nigeria by connecting successful businessmen and businesswomen with passionate entrepreneurs for six months. This initiative is designed to help young enterprises survive the cutthroat world of business by creating alliances with strong players who have already succeeded in running successful companies. Through this programme, young entrepreneurs will be able to position their businesses for sustainable growth through one-on-one sessions with a Mentor drawn from the top of the business world.
You will be in charge of the general administration of the programme and ensuring its success and growth.
You will directly interact with senior executives business community stakeholders via email, phone and face-to-face meetings thus professional decorum is of the utmost importance. The successful Representative will write succinct End-of-Month and annual progress reports, conduct thorough Internet research for strategic plans and take copious notes during client and team meetings while balancing critical deadlines and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be reporting to the Country Director.
Summary of job role
– Managing the Mara One-on-One programme in Nigeria, including:
- Soliciting and recruitment of mentors and mentees
- Co-ordination of matching event
- On-going communications and relationship-building with mentors and mentees
- Monitoring and evaluation, data collection and collation
- Managing Mentee’s Meetup events
- Input into programme expansion and managing new programme areas as needed
– Attend local workshops, seminars, and conferences to represent Mara Foundation
– Build and maintain long-lasting relationships with relevant stakeholders in Nigeria’s startup ecosystem
– Generate engaging local and global online content via social media
– Generate community-at-large programming through local partnerships
– Timely response to all phone and email communications internally and externally
– Manage and monitor all expenses based on the allocated budget for Mara One-on-One Nigeria.
– General administration duties, and any other duties as assigned by the Country Director
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
– Commitment to Mara Foundation’s aims, objectives and principles
– Able to set challenging personal goals and remain motivated despite obstacles
– Confident in presentation, skilled in negotiation
– Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
– Creative, flexible, able to use own initiative to solve problems
– Preferably 3 years organisational experience
– A track-record of leading an event, project or programme of any scale and evidence of its success
– Possesses a “can-do” infectious positive attitude and an entrepreneurial team player perspective. Must be honest, accountable and assertive.
– Must be a team leader and lead-by-example professional.
– Must have the ability to produce effective and detailed analyses.
– Must be self-directed and reliable in planning and implementation countrywide operations. Must possess strong follow-through traits.
– Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English. Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with celebrities, executives, corporate administrators, department peers, community and public officials, sales representatives, media and the public.
– Must be able to effectively use office equipment, computers and scanner and other resources for completion of projects.
– Must have acute time management skills, thereby able to manage one’s own time, establish schedules and meet deadlines, including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Interested candidates should apply by emailing a CV and a covering letter explaining their interest in the position and what they could bring to it, click to Apply. Only successful applicants will be contacted. The position will be based in Lagos and is to start immediately.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Click here to apply
For more information;visit: The Mara Group
Posted on March 7, 2014, in Africa, Career, Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship and tagged #Nigeria #Lagos, #tecnology #SMWlagos #Women #gender #Girls, #VacancyAlert: Mara Foundation seeks One-on-One Manager in Nigeria, Ashish J. Thakkar, Mara Foundation, Technology. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.