Call for applications: The Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards 2014
Posted by Nsa Archibong
The Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping one another. The cash awards, funded by donations from the Systers Online Community and others, are intended as means for women established in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass-It-On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award.
Pass-it-on Award applications are open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing. Awards are open to women in all countries and range from $500.00 to $1000.00 USD. Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
Spring 2014 PIO Award Cycle
- Applications OPEN, Wednesday, January 29, 2014 (12:01 AM UTC-8).
- Applications close Wednesday, April 23, 2014 (Midnight UTC-8).
- Reference letters due Wednesday, April 23, 2014 (Midnight UTC-8).
- View >> Fall 2013 Pass-it-on Award Winners
- Spring 2014 PIO Award Winner >> Reports due Wednesday, Dec 10, 2014.
- Email questions to passiton-2014spring at systers dot org
About Anita Bord Institute: ABI works with women technologists in over 50 countries, and partners with leading academic institutions and Fortune 500 companies.Founded by Dr. Anita Borg in 1994 as the Institute for Women in Technology, and renamed in her honor in 2003, ABI evolved from Anita’s commitment to increase the impact of women on all aspects of technology and to increase the positive impact of technology on the world’s women.ABI continues to extend our global outreach to women considering and currently pursuing technical careers in computing through in person and online programs such as our ABIE Awards, Women of Vision Awards Banquet, ABI Lean In Circles and social networks.
ABI also works with organizations to demonstrate the value of diverse teams that include women. We connect organizations with the women influencing the future of technology, and help them hone their strategies to develop a workforce for peak performance. We believe that connecting women and organizations has the ability to create positive change.
Posted on February 18, 2014, in Africa, Career, Entrepreneurship, Gender, Women, Girls, Global, Opportunities, Social Entrepreneurship, Technology and tagged #tecnology #SMWlagos #Women #gender #Girls, Call for applications: The Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards 2014, Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards 2014. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.