Call for Registrations: i-Lead online leadership course by WAGGGS
For more than 100 years Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting has transformed the lives of
over 250 million girls and women across 145 countries. From today, the Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting leadership experience will be freely available online to anyone over the age of 16.
i-Lead is our unique, experiential and interactive leadership course, provided through our award winning e-learning platform GLOW (Global learning online through WAGGGS).
The course takes participants through five progressively more challenging modules. Each module contains around seven 20 minute sessions which are self-directed and interactive and which can be done anytime, anywhere. Module 1, i-Discover, explores topics such as cross-cultural communication, emotional intelligence, leadership theory and motivation. Participants are invited to join discussion groups with other students on the course from around the world. Participants don’t have to be Girl Guides or Girl Scouts to take the course and they can sign up at any time.
i-Lead is part of The UPS Foundation and WAGGGS’ commitment to provide leadership opportunities to all. In a recent WAGGGS study among 600 young people worldwide, 70 per cent of respondents thought girls and women face more difficulties than boys and men in reaching positions of leadership where they live. 46 per cent believed that girls and young women are not rewarded in their study and work as equally as boys and young men in similar positions. At the same time, 85 per cent felt that Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting was where they had the most opportunities to learn and demonstrate leadership skills. WAGGGS wants to bring these leadership opportunities to more girls and young women using the latest technologies available.
i-Lead is split into five progressively more challenging modules. Each module contains seven 20 minute sessions which are self-directed and interactive and which can be done anytime, anywhere. You will learn about topics such as cross-cultural communication, emotional intelligence, leadership theory and motivation. Participants can join discussion groups with other students on the course from around the world. You do not have to be a Girl Guide or Girl Scout to take the course and you can sign up any time…
WAGGGS e-learning courses provide participants with:
- Extended opportunities with flexible access to learning
- International discussions around core topics
- Experiential learning with groups working together from around the world
- Trained e-facilitators and buddies to support learning and online work
- Interactive online materials
- Accessible offline materials
- A safe learning environment using technology tools and facilitators to protect users
Sign up for i-Lead in five easy steps…
- Visit http://glow.wagggs.org
- Register your details for the i-Lead course
- Complete each of the seven 20 minute sessions of Module 1: i-Discover, whenever and wherever you want
- Join in international discussions with other participants doing the course
- Receive your badge and move on to Module 2
Five reasons why you should do the i-Lead course
- i-Lead offers you free, flexible and open access to a unique and international leadership course available online.
- The course has five modules, which become increasingly in-depth and challenging and support you to progress along a leadership journey
- The course is written by experts in global leadership and has been extensively tested with girls and young women around the world
- The course is delivered in small and manageable self-directed sessions which are interactive and which you can do as and when you want
- You will gain different perspectives from around the world by joining discussion groups with other participants doing the course
How do you qualify to join the programme?
· You do not have to be a leader already, you may just be interested in developing your leadership skills
· You do not have to be a Girl Guide or Girl Scout
· You can be male or female
· You must speak English, French or Spanish
· You have to be 16 or over and have access to the internet
What you can expect at the end of the course?
· A greater understanding of leadership theory
· Practical leadership skills you can utilize in your personal and professional development
· A global perspective on leadership
· Access to a global network of other participants who have completed the course
if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
For more information visit: Global Learning Online for WAGGGS
Posted on January 28, 2014, in Africa, Career, Education, Gender, Women, Girls, Global, Technology and tagged Call for Applications: i-Lead online leadership course by WAGGGS, Global Learning Online for WAGGGS, GLOW (Global learning online through WAGGGS), WAGGGS. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.