Beyond2015: Calls for Regional Coordinators in Africa and Asia
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR REGIONAL COORDINATORS IN AFRICA AND ASIA
As we approach the central phase of Beyond 2015 (Jan 2014 – March 2016), the campaign needs strong regional coordinating mechanisms in the regions in which we focus: Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Pacific.
- In Europe, Concord assumes the Regional Coordination, supporting the Beyond 2015 European Task Force.
- In Latin America, MESA assumes the Regional Coordination.
- In the Pacific, PIANGO will shortly assume this role.
We are working with the International Forum of National NGO Platforms, CAN International and the Participate Initiative in the next phase of the campaign, and we are collectively inviting expressions of interest from organisations in Africa and Asia who would like to play the role of Regional Coordinator for the Beyond 2015 campaign.
The purpose of the Regional Coordinators is to coordinate Beyond 2015’s and partners regional advocacy within the joint project, to ensure effective and coordinated advocacy work across the countries prioritised in the project and to ensure all organisations participating in Beyond 2015 in the region are able to fully participate in the campaign.
More specifically the Regional Coordinators will be:
- Responsible for organising and supporting a regional coordination group
- Responsible for information exchange and analysis within the region
- Responsible for outreach and communication within the region, specifically with participating organizations of Beyond 2015 and of other partners involved in the joint project
- Responsible for ongoing regional coordination of participating organisations of Beyond 2015 and of other partners involved in the joint project, with a specific focus on the lead agencies within priority countries.
Full details are contained in the draft Terms of Reference of the Regional Coordinator (attached)
Beyond 2015 expects to provide the following support to the Regional Coordinators:
- Funds for one member of staff
- Support from a member of staff in the IFP
- Funds to organise regional influencing activities for CSOs participating in Beyond 2015, as well as our partners
- The use of Beyond 2015 technology to facilitate regional exchange
Participating organisations in Beyond 2015 in Africa (and partners) are thus invited to complete the online questionnaire and send their expression of interest, with the required documents to the Beyond 2015 International Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 6 December. Final decisions will be taken and communicated by the end of December, and we hope to have Regional Coordinators in place early in 2014.
What is required for the Expressions of Interest?
a. A completed online questionnaire: see here
b. Cover letter signed by Chief Executive / Board Chair of the organization clearly stating expression of interest
c. Annual Narrative Report in the last 2 years
d. Annual Audited Financial Reports in the last 2 years
We look forward to receiving your Expressions of Interest. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the International Coordinator on email@example.com
About Beyond 2015:
Beyond 2015 is a global civil society campaign, pushing for a strong and legitimate successor framework to the Millennium Development Goals. The campaign, created in 2010, is built on a diverse, global base. It ranges from small community based organisations to international NGOs, academics and trade unions. A founding principle of the campaign is that it is a partnership between civil society organisations from the ‘North’ and the ‘South’ – bringing together groups from developing, emerging and developed economies. The campaign brings together more than 800 Civil Society Organisations from over the world.