Apply! Commonwealth Foundation grant for innovation in participatory governance
The Commonwealth Foundation today announced its call for grant applications to support innovation in the participatory governance sector.
‘We are pleased to announce the third call this year for the Foundation’s re-launched grants programme, placing greater emphasis on results for civic participation,’ said Commonwealth Foundation Director, Vijay Krishnarayan.
Our grants programme contributes to sustainable development in the context of effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
The programme brokers knowledge and ideas. It supports innovation and sharing of replicable and sustainable models, whilst promoting good practice in participatory governance.
Under its new funding scheme, thirteen grants totalling £723,000 were awarded to civil society organisations across the Commonwealth earlier this year.
‘We’re looking forward to seeing more applications for innovative projects coming through,’ said Comfort Osilaja, Grants Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 29 October.
Participatory governance grants
Participatory governance is about how the state, the market and civil society interact to effect change. These interactions involve the inclusion of civil society in decision-making processes, enabling citizens to exercise voice and vote, and engage in policy formation.
By awarding grants to support participatory governance across the Commonwealth, the programme aims to:
- Deliver an efficient and effective programme which is responsive to the development needs of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) across the Commonwealth
- Complement the effectiveness of the Foundation’s projects by providing grants to CSOs beyond those supported through the projects
- Generate knowledge and understanding of participatory governance and its benefits in promoting effective, responsive and accountable governance within the Commonwealth by supporting models of good practice
At a glance
- Up to £30,000 per year
- Multi-year funding available (up to three years)
- For civil society organisations
- Funding for new projects delivered in Commonwealth Foundation member countries
The grants programme will be particularly supportive of proposals that mainstream the Foundation’s cross-cutting outcome areas in their project design:
- Gender equality
- Environmental sustainability
- Cultural respect and understanding
For more information; click here
Posted on October 3, 2013, in Africa, Career, Gender, Women, Girls, Global, Opportunities and tagged Commonwealth Foundation grant for innovation in participatory governance. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.