APPLY:COMMONWEALTH YOUTH COUNCIL REGIONAL CONSULTATION-UGANDA
The Commonwealth Youth Programme Regional Centre for Africa (CYP RCA) is pleased to announce the upcoming Regional Consultation on Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) organized by the Commonwealth Secretariat. The Meeting is scheduled for 30th July – 3rd August, 2012 in Kampala, Uganda.
The overall objective of the meeting is to build consensus towards the establishment of a Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) as mandated by Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2011 in Perth, Australia. The meeting will also build youth leadership capacity and facilitate experience sharing on the work of NYCs. The conference will also create a platform for discussions on and development of strategies for promotion of NYCs in the Commonwealth.
The meeting participants will be drawn from Commonwealth member countries, representatives of the National Youth Councils, Ministries responsible for Youth Affairs, YOUNG PEOPLE, UN agencies and key development partners. The three days meeting is expected to bring together a total of about 60 international participants.
CYP therefore is seeking applications from two (2) young people on our Facebook group page, for the first time, via www.facebook.com/groups/cypafrica/. If picked, CYP will support the nominated participants with a return ticket to Uganda, accommodation, meals and local transport during the period of the meeting in Kampala, Uganda.
Applicants MUST satisfy the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 18-29 (Not older than 29 on their last birthday)
- Be a Legal citizen of one of the Commonwealth member countries under the Africa region (Botswana, Cameroon, Cyprus, , Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda, United Kingdom and Zambia)
- Have more than Six (6) months left on his/her International Passport and must be amember of ‘CYP Africa’ group on Facebook.
- Engaged with youth or civil society organization(s)/ a Commonwealth Association and able to show evidence of example of leadership or potential for leadership
- Available to visit Uganda for the period of 30th July – 3rd August, 2012
Apply with a 2-page article on ‘What is your idea of a Commonwealth Youth Council? Highlight how your experience in youth work will contribute to this debate’ via email to A.Popopo@commonwealth.int indicating in the Subject line “CYC Debate”
Deadline for Applications: Monday 25th June, 2012 by 2pm GMT.
Posted on June 24, 2012, in Africa, Career, Fellowship, Opportunities and tagged #Uganda, 2012, 2012/KAMPALA-UGANDA, Commonwealth Yoouth Programme, REGIONAL CONSULTATION ON COMMONWEALTH YOUTH COUNCIL (CYC) 30TH JULY - 3RD AUGUST. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.