Programme Manager Vacancy:The Bridge Leadership Foundation
Programme Manager : Job Description
The Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the Foundation’s programme areas, ensuring consistency with organizational strategy, values, commitments and goals.
The Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and serve on the management team. The Manager will be expected to advice the Executive and Board of Trustees on developments, progress and challenges with programme areas.
- Lead the planning and implementation of programs & projects;
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables;
- Define project tasks and resource requirements;
- Develop and monitor full-scale programme plans;
- Assemble, direct, coordinate, supervise and appraise programme staff;
- Supervise the proper implementation of approved programme budgets;
- Plan and schedule project timelines and track project deliverables using appropriate tools;
- Edit and present reports defining programmes/projects’ progress, problems and solutions;
- Implement and manage programmes changes and interventions to achieve outputs;
- Report to Board of Trustees periodically;
- Serve on Management team and Finance Committee.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants must be resident in Calabar, Cross River State.
- Minimum Masters Degree in social sciences or related fields;
- At least 3 years senior management experience with a non-profit organization;
- Excellent writing and editorial skills;
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Proven track record in a management position;
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspect of programme management;
- Proven track record of managing diverse teams;
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
- Proven competence and experience in strategic planning of development programmes;
- Experience in leading administrative and financial processes; budgets, reporting, resource management etc;
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills and good networking and negotiation skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Good knowledge of computer application packages and the internet;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability and willingness to travel at short notices.
All applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on August 31st , 2011 by 12noon.