Call for Applications:Global Xchange Programme!
Youth Xchange is part of Global Xchange programme which aims to support the development of active global citizens, committed to working for positive change.
Youth Xchange is an exchange programme that brings young people from theUKand from other countries to live alongside each other and work together as volunteers so they can share their learning with their host communities. Developed out of a highly successful VSO exchange programme called ‘World Youth’, Youth Xchange seeks to support the advancement of a global perspective among young people. The programme is a partnership between, British Council, Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) and Education as a Vaccine (EVA) as implementing partner.
Youth Xchange works with teams of up to 18 young people (aged 18-25). Equal numbers come from theUKand from the overseas partner country,Nigeria. The participants Xchange works with teams of up to 18 young people (aged 18-25), with equal numbers coming from theUKand from an overseas partner are recruited, and the teams are formed, to reflect diversity in terms of geography, ethnicity, ability, education and gender. Together, in cross-cultural counterpart pairs, they live with host families and work in host communities, for up to 3 months in theUKand 3 months in the overseas country,Nigeria. They also work on a global citizenship project specifically aimed at raising awareness of development and diversity within their host communities
We are inviting applications from individuals interested in participating in the Youth Xchange project due to commence in October 2011. Interested applicants must have the following:
- A positive and realistic commitment to the programme
- A genuine commitment to learning
- Ability to solve problems
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Self confidence
- Ability to work with others in a team
- Sensitivity to the needs of others
In addition they must be able to:
- ·Treat everyone equally and with respect, regardless of any difference
- · Abide by and respect all the laws, both of theUKand of the overseas country
- ·Abide by all the rules and regulations established by the Programme to protect their health and safety
- · Always stay within host communities unless they have prior agreement from their Project Supervisor
- · Respect the customs and cultures of host communities and specifically their host Families
- · Take part in all the activities and phases of the Programme, including pre-departure ,preparation and returned volunteers events
- · Fundraise some money as part of their contribution and commitment to the program
Participants (volunteers) must be sure that they can cope with the above standards of behavior before they apply for the program.
Completed forms should be returned to the Youth Exchange Team at email@example.com not later than the 22nd July 2011. Only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
Or click here for direct form on MS WORD
Details: Youths Making Change